Prescriptions Charges and Exemptions
Prescription charges from 1 April 2019 are £9.00 per item on prescription unless you are:
- Under 16 years of age
- 16, 17 and 18 years of age and in full time education
- 60 years of age and over
- Have a valid maternity exemption certificate
- Have a valid medical exemption certificate
- Have a valid prescription pre-payment certificate
- Have a valid War Pension exemption certificate
- Named on a current HC2 charges certificate
- Prescribed free-of-charge contraceptives
- Getting Income Support
- Getting income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Entitled to, or named on, a valid NHS Tax Credit Exemption Certificate
- Have a partner who gets Pension Credit guarantee credit.
3-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £29.10
12-month PPC: £104.00
If you will have to pay for 4 or more prescription items in 3 months, or more than 14 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC. The charge for a single prescription is £9.00, whereas a 3 month PPC will cost you £29.10 and a 12 month PPC £104.00.
- Telephone advice and order line 01386 768131.
Find out more by clicking here.