We aim to provide the best possible service to our patients and hope you will feel that we achieve that aim.
The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the Primary Health Care Team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other’s needs and co-operation between us.
Our responsibility to you:
- You will be greeted courteously
- You have a right to confidentiality
- We will not disclose any information without your written consent
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law
- You will be seen the same day if your problem is urgent
- You will see a doctor of your choice whenever possible
- You will be informed if there will be a delay of more than 20 minutes for your appointment
- You will be referred to a consultant when a doctor thinks it necessary
- You will be given the result of any test or investigation on request or at your next appointment
- Your repeat prescription will be ready for collection within 48 hours of your request
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any compliant dealt with quickly
- Should we be unable to resolve the problem we will advise you on other agencies to assist you further.
Your responsibility to us:
- Please treat all practice staff with respect. Violent or abusive behaviour may result in removal from our list
- Attendance if required at our Chronic Disease management Clinic (ie Asthma, COPD, Diabetes, Hypertension)
- Attendance for immunisations (influenza vaccination if appropriate)
- Attendance for cervical smear test (if appropriate)
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself unless you have documented authority on the person’s medical record
- Tell us of any changes of name, address or contact telephone numbers so that our records are accurate
- Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate
- Home visits should only be requested if you are really too ill to attend the practice, and night visits should be for emergencies only
- Please cancel your appointments in good time if you are unable to attend
- Please be punctual but be prepared to wait if your own consultation is delayed by an unexpected emergency
- Please allow sufficient time for your consultation’s letter or the results of any tests to reach us. You will be advised of the usual length of time to wait
- Please attend for review of your repeat medicines when asked, before your next prescription is due
- Do let us know whenever you feel we have not met our responsibilities to you.